Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another Star!


The True Meaning of Smekday has earned a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, which writes, "Who knew the end of the world could be so hilarious?...Parallels between the Boov and European settlers and their treatment of Native Americans deepen the impact of the story, but the author goes well beyond delivering a single political message. Incorporating dozens of his weird and wonderful illustrations and fruitfully manipulating the narrative structure, Rex skewers any number of subjects, from Disney World to various fleeting fads."
I've also just learned that The True Meaning of Smekday is one of the New York Public Library Best Books of 2007! Hooha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very well deserved. I just finished the books this morning and I don't think any other book I have ever read has made me laugh out loud. Great job on this and I really hope to see more books from you in the future

Diantres said...

cool!

someday i will be read your books... :'(

Mr.Rex, can you show your lastest illustration for MTG: Lorwyn? "the Horde of Notoons" look awesome, even in the small size of a Magic Card.

=)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Adam!

Bill Ferguson said...

Congratulations. I really love Pssst to. Great stuff.

Adam Rex said...

Thanks, everyone!

gm said...

Congratulations, Adam! I can't wait to read it. - Gaelen