Sunday, December 2, 2007

Back Pattery

I should have blogged about this a good while ago. It's been a busy fall. But The True Meaning of Smekday received a shockingly good review in the New York Times Book Review a few weeks ago. I hope that link is still good–it didn't work for me yesterday.

Also, I'm proud to say that The True Meaning of Smekday and Pssst! have been appearing on some Year's Best-type lists lately. Here's a possibly incomplete list:

Pssst!
-Top Ten Book Sense Autumn 2007 Children's Picks
-Amazon Top 10 Editors' Picks: Picture Books
-A Best Book of the Year by the Miami Herald
-A Kirkus Reviews Best Children’s Book of 2007
Smekday
-New York Public Library Best Books of 2007
-School Library Journal Best of 2007

Okay, enough of me.

5 comments:

David said...

Great review! Congratulations!

Jennifer Kearney said...

I saw your review in the New York Times! What a wonderful thing to have said about your work - all true, too! David Christiana, (you may remember him), was showing me their review of the illustrator, Shaun Tan, and low and behold, there was your review on the next page! So, on behalf of David and myself, congratulations on all of your success! He was very happy to see that, and though I only spoke with you through emails over the summer, I feel I kinda know ya too. Much love comin' your way! Happy to see that you've got a sequel to Frankenstien Makes a Sandwich in the works. Can't wait to see it! :D

Francis Vallejo said...

congrats!!!!

froggie is... said...

hoooraayyy!!!! 8-D

Oliver Dominguez said...

Congrats! I know its late to congrat but I didn't know you had a blog until now. Love your stuff man, I wanted to know, if its ok to ask what type of medium you used the most on all your children books? If you have a chance to answer,please write back on my blog. Thank you.

Best,
Oliver

www.artoftalon.blogspot.com