Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Land of the Midnight Sun

Actually, most of these outdoor photos were only taken around 10pm. I beg your pardon.

But I saw a moose! It was right on the shoulder as we were driving home. And after taking a half-dozen terrible photos I realized my lens was foggy with condensation. Hence they have an ambiguous, Sasquatchy quality to them. But this was totally a moose.

Earlier in the day I visited a library and got a hundred and twenty-odd kids to blow me a raspberry. Then I proceeded to take a bad picture of that as well, but these are totally human children.

Look how pretty Alaska is. That's glacier running down those mountains.

Pretty soon I'll get back to posting some actual art or something.

8 comments:

Phil Hilliker said...

Wow. That looks beautiful. What a great experience you must be having. Is it your first time in Alaska?

And.... Fat Vampire? Whatdaheck is that?!

David said...

"A never-coming-of-age story"? I look forward to it already.

Adam Rex said...

My next novel, Phil. To be released in the spring.

How'd you know the subtitle, David? You read Publisher's Weekly?

illworx said...

Not posting art is ok sometimes, just think of all the visual reference you're gathering! What's it like trying to sleep when it's light out? Must be surreal...

Kelly Polark said...

Love the Alaska pics. I visited there about ten years ago. Beautiful. The glaciers are the coolest part! (no pun intended)

Jennifer Kearney said...

wow! you must be having a great time up there. botlle up some of that air and bring it bak with you, k?

...and i don't know... that could possibly be a sasquatch in a moose costume. :P

Vinod Rams said...

Wow it looks beautiful up there.
BTW Adam, we recently read Frankenstein makes a Sandwitch to our Niece and Nephew. They loved it. Our niece's favorite were the Yeti and Bigfoot poems.

They were carrying the book around our house all week. Even stepping on it to terrorize our guinea pigs!

Sacha said...

Once again, I am compelled to reflect on that fact that you have The Best Job In The Whole World.