Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WINNERS!

What a great bunch of kaiju haiku I got. Go read 'em if you don't believe me. There were more than 180 entries, but there can be only one GRAND PRIZE WINNER. Oh wait, no, there's two:

That kaiku was written by Lily, age 5. This next one is by Anna, age 12:

I got such a wide age range of kids that I thought I should have a GRAND PRIZE for both a 3-8 category and a 9-13 category, and those are they. My attractive celebrity judges also selected three runners up. In no particular order...

by Veronica, age 9:
Cerberus is sad
he wants a ball, a bone, and
someone to play with

by Trevor, age 4:
Dad, I know what the
important thing about horned
monsters is: the horns

by Jack, age 3 1/2:
I love aliens.
One, two, three, four, five of them,
flying in spaceships.

The GRAND PRIZE winners will receive the original art posted above, a signed copy of Frankenstein Takes the Cake, and a lunchbox filed with mysterious things. Runners-up will receive books with their haiku drawn on the title page. I probably won't send anything out until November, as I'm about to leave for North Carolina for a bit. I need Jack and Veronica's parents or guardian to email me so I can get an address to which I can send your books. I think I can reach everyone else through the email addresses posted on their profiles or blogs.
I think that's it.

6 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

Congrats to the winners and to everyone who entered the contest. There were sooooo many wonderful entries it was hard narrowing them down!

Daniel Hardesty said...

Yes, congrats! What a cool contest and what fun it was to read all of them.

LOL...that one by Trevor brings a smile to my face every time. Heh heh.

MotherReader said...

Wow! Anna will be thrilled! Thanks for running this fun contest.

J. Thorp said...

Oh, wow! Trevvy's gonna be psyched! Thanks, Adam -- this was great fun!

Z-Kids said...

Thank-you for the prize Adam Rex! The picture you drew is fun! I want to put it on the ceiling so I can look at it while I go to sleep. When we looked at your blog today we were so happy. Thank-you!

- Lily Z

Jacqui said...

Congrats to all the winners! What a great idea for a contest.