Thursday, November 20, 2008

John Hodgman


Weeks ago I discovered that I'd be presenting my new book at Politics & Prose in DC on the same day that John Hodgman would be presenting his (More Information Than You Require, in stores now), albeit eight hours apart. I didn't have eight hours to kill, but I did elect to leave Mr. Hodgman a signed copy of my book, featuring a mole-man sketch. I flattered myself that it might be the sort of kids' book he'd like, or I hoped so.
Today, via my Aunt and Uncle Papenfuss, I learned that Hodgman had reviewed Frankenstein Takes the Cake in The Week magazine. The review can be read here.
And above you can see my hastily drawn caricature of Hodgman, sketched in my sketchbook and held up to my laptop's iSight camera.

7 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

That was a really nice review- I loved the book, too. Especially the Phantom!

Kaethe said...

Oh, that's a great review. Happily, I've got his book on my stack.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. As a fan of both of you gentlemen it's heartening to see your worlds crash together.

Lunchbox said...

I'm a freak for the Hodge! Super nice guy. Met him once at a signing for his first book. You fellas seem to have a lot of the same quirky funniness going on. Not surprised I already had you in the same shelf of fun in my mind.

Anonymous said...

That is extremely high on the cool-o-meter!

(Great caricature of JH too...)

Vinod Rams said...

That's very cool! All us geeks need to show more support for each other! Yeah Adam I called you a geek.
You know it!

Anonymous said...

hmm this chap is very egglike.