Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ask Not For Whom My Horn Toots...It Toots for Me.


Just a random news and self-congratulatory roundup.
My latest picture book, Pssst! has thus far recived TWO STARRED REVIEWS from Kirkus and Publishers Weekly. Kirkus says it's "[A] gleefully postmodern romp." PW admires my "astringent attitude and a refreshing brake on the cuteness," and calls Pssst! "[a] very funny excursion."
Also, an ALERT TO CHICAGO AREA READERS. I'll be appearing at the Naperville Anderson's at 7PM on September 27th. I'll read, sign, possibly do a little soft shoe, and MOVE OBJECTS WITH NOTHING BUT MY MIND, ARM, AND HAND. I'll also be signing books at the Great Lakes Booksellers Association Trade Show on September 28th.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the much-deserved stars.

Dan Santat said...

I just got back from Borders Books and was so delighted to see it out I bought myself a copy. You're on a great roll buddy.

c.g.young said...

Adam,
Great work,..I picked this up the other day..Love your work. Very inspiring stuff.
-cgy

Lunchbox said...

It wasn't at my Barnes yet... perhaps it was sold out. There's no doubt in your skills and you deserve all the kudos you receive.
What's it gonna take to get you to come to Columbus College of Art and Design? I'm serious. We need you to come talk illustration to the students, me included.

Josh Peters

Adam Rex said...

Thanks everyone!
I'd love to come to CCAD sometime. It's impossible this fall, though. So many book fairs.
I'm atually from Columbus originally. I don't remember it, and we moved when I was 4, but I am. And I love C. F. Payne.

Bill Ferguson said...

I can't wait to add this one to my collection. Congratulations.

Jill said...

Pssst! just arrived at the library where I work, and the other children's librarian and I had a grand time reading it and laughing last night. I promptly snatched it up to bring home to read with my own kids. I particularly love the little girl's self-possession. What a hoot! I just reviewed the book over on my book blog. Sorry I was unable to come up with "gleefully postmodern" but thank heavens someone did that already.

I like to post to author websites, and it was fun to discover your blog as well as your fun website. Thanks!